Sunday, November 1, 2009

NYC


Next year I am turning 18, and as a birthday present, my parents are taking me and my boyfriend to New York City for 10 days in September. Are you jealous? Yes? It is my dream come true. I am in love with New York City, I have stared at it on Google Maps so many times I think I can walk around there next year without any map at all. Every show that's set in NYC I watch, every book I read, just to get glimpses of the Fashion/Love/Life capital of the world, and I'm glad I get to share it with the one I love. Can you believe it? I am actually going to walk around in Central Park, stroll down Fifth Avenue and shop at Bendel's, Saks, Bergdorf Goodman and so on, I am going to stand in front of the Tiffany's window where Audrey Hepburn stood in Breakfast at Tiffany's, walk the steps of the Met, look at the Park Avenue houses, go to Manolo Blahnik, take a NYC cab trough Manhattan at night, look for Gossip Girl filming locations, cross the Brooklyn Bridge .... I am lost for words. I am utterly and completely out of my mind so excited. I can't stop thinking about it.


I'm planning to work the entire month of July, save everything I make and spend it all in NYC. August I will devote to (in order to not get kicked out of Bergdorf the second I set foot there):

-getting the perfect skin: eat nothing but healthy food, drink tons and tons of water and trow myself into Pilates again.

-getting perfect hair: all the above + not so much heat styling and a visit to a good hair dresser

-getting a perfect (=everywhere even) tan

-getting manicured, pedicured, exfoliated, hydrated and everything else you can get ending on -ed.

-go rummaging through my aunt's huge collection of designer bags, I think I can borrow one or two (I'm thinking a Louis Vuitton Monogram Alma and a Delvaux Brilliant)

-assembling the perfect wardrobe: I'm planning a trip to Paris with a friend and a trip to London with my mother, hope to find some really good items there. In September it will be summer in NYC and around 30 degrees, I find it very frustrating not to be able to go to online stores to get some inspiration already :D I know I'm a freak, I can't help it.


Yes, well, so far. I seriously feel sometimes I'm going to explode of excitement. New York New York!


xoxo, Astrid.

No comments: